Frequently Asked Questions

All About
the Finer Things

How does my rental time breakdown?

Rentals are for eight hours, and include two hours for setup, five hours of guest time and reception and an hour of cleanup. Guests may arrive an hour prior to the start of the reception.

Ceremony-only rentals are for two hours, with property usage limited to the ceremony and photography during this window.

Are staff included in my rental fees?

Yes, and a representative from the Kean University Office of Conference and Event Services (CES) will be available for two, one-hour planning meetings prior to your event. We recommend using one of these meetings for a walk-through. Additional meetings can be arranged for an hourly fee.

Your representative will authorize all on-site consultations with vendors. Vendor tours must be scheduled in advanced. A representative will also be available on the day of your event to assist with set-up and breakdown.

Can I serve alcohol at my event?

Yes, subject to approval from the CES. We do ask that you provide a liquor liability insurance policy with a personal liability of at least one million dollars. Your caterer will be responsible for monitoring alcohol consumption and ensuring that all laws are adhered to. A bartender(s) must be hired and only those designated as bartenders can serve alcohol.

Where can I hold my ceremony?

Ceremonies are permitted within designated locations within the rental area. Please ask your CES representative if you have any questions.

Can I schedule a rehearsal?

We’ll schedule a ceremony rehearsal prior to a wedding, usually on the evening before the event. Additional rehearsals may be scheduled for a fee. Note that times are subject to availability.

Can I hire entertainers?

Live bands and DJs are fine, so long as you adhere to noise ordinances and wrap things up by 11pm.

Is valet parking available?

Our venues do not offer valet parking, but there is ample parking at each venue. However, you are welcome to hire a valet service for your event. If you choose to do so, CES must approve the vendor.

Is smoking permitted?

It is not permitted inside any of our venues. You can request that there are designated smoking areas for your event. Please note these requests may not be approved based on the venue.

Do I need event insurance?

Yes, we’ll ask you to provide a certificate of insurance. The specific requirements and responsibilities are outlined in our license agreement.